On July 20, 2018, the Canada Child Benefit is increasing to keep up with the rising costs of living and put more money in Canadian families’ pockets. This benefit will help families pay for nutritious food, sports, music lessons, and more!
Here I am talking with the CEO of Habitat for Humanity about the mutual advantages of stable housing and the Canada Child Benefit.
- Monthly cash payments (via direct deposit or mailed cheque) to help you pay for things like healthy food, summer camps and housing
- 9 out of 10 families receive MORE now than with the Harper Conservatives’ programs
- 180,000 kids supported in Calgary
- $5,620 received per year, on average, by Calgary families who get the benefit
- Tax-free for more money in your pockets (unlike the previous program from the Conservatives)
- NEW: Starting tomorrow July 20, the monthly benefit has increased to help keep up with rising costs