Kent Hehr

Your member of parliament for

Calgary Centre

Kent Hehr

Your member of parliament for

Calgary Centre


Government Services

As your Member of Parliament, I can assist you in many different ways. Please contact my office if you need information or assistance in one of these areas:


Celebrating a Milestone Birthday or Anniversary? Please contact my office with the details, and we can arrange congratulatory certificates for your special occasion.


How can I research my family history?
The National Archives of Canada Genealogy Centre can get your started on tracing your family tree.

Where can I find information on the National Anthem: “O Canada”?
For the official lyrics of “O Canada” and the history of the National Anthem, click here.


What student loan programs are available to me?
Student financial assistance, including loans and grants, is available to eligible students through provincial, territorial and federal governments. Click here to find out more.

Where can I find information on Canadian universities?
Information about university facilities, services, academic programs, links, expert information and statistics can all be found here.


How do I apply for Employment Insurance (EI)?
Apply online or contact the EI section of Human Resources Development Canada.

How do I find a job?
View the Government of Canada Jobs, Workers, Training & Careers web page.

How do I obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number used in the administration of various Canadian government programs. You will need a SIN to work in Canada or to receive government benefits.


Where can I find information about the Government of Canada?
Phone 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) or visit

How do I replace lost ID cards?
The Government of Canada has a list of helpful hints on which agencies you should contact, and how to contact each one.


Where can I find advisories on food, drugs, medical services, natural health products and consumer products?
Health Canada helps protect Canadians from potential health hazards by releasing warnings and advisories on food, drugs, medical devices, natural health products and consumer products.


How do I find out about immigrating to Canada or studying in Canada?
Use the following links to learn more: Immigrating & Studying.


How can I obtain information about Canada’s Parliament?
The Parliamentary Internet website, created and maintained jointly by the Senate, the House of Commons and the Library of Parliament, offers information on Canada’s Parliament.


Where can I find information and services that are relevant to seniors 55+?
Seniors Canada online provides access to information and services offered to seniors, their families, caregivers and supporting service organizations.

How do I apply for the Canadian Pension Plan or other benefits under the plan?
Visit Social Development Canada (SDC) for information on Canada’s retirement income system.


Can I file my taxes online?
The Canada Customs and Revenue Agency offers electronic services to individuals and to businesses.


How do I apply for a passport?
If you are planning a trip abroad or even to the United States, you must have a Canadian passport as proof of citizenship and residency in Canada. For information on how to obtain a passport, please visit one of the regional passport offices or download an application.

Note: Urgent or express services are available for emergency or compassionate reasons on a case-by-case basis. These services are available only for those applicants who can apply in-person at a regional office and who provide proof to justify the urgency.

How do I get advice for international travelers?
Visit the Department of Foreign Affairs Travel Reports web page for more information.

I want to see more of Canada. Where should I go?
Find travel information relevant to Canada’s many beautiful attractions.

How can I plan to visit some of Canada’s national parks and historic sites?
Parks Canada vacation planners can assist you in planning a visit to Canada’s national parks and national historic sites.


How do I find a postal code online?
The Canada Post website can help you properly address mail. Click here to search for a postal code.

Other Government Questions?
Click here for additional Frequently Asked Questions offered on the Government of Canada website.